Friday, April 15, 2011

Hunger v. Hankering

I knew this would be a little bit uncomfortable, at least at first, but it really hasn't been too bad so far. I've been feeling pretty alert and motivated to cook and try new things, so that's already a positive, although I doubt much can really be attributed to the diet change at this point.

I'm starting to realize that meat and cheese were such a huge part of my diet that it will take some adjustment to learn to cook and have a taste for things made without it. I'm committed to being patient with this, and today is just an example. I just had lunch, which tasted good and was made fresh from veggies and quinoa. However, I still feel somewhat unsatisfied. My stomach is full, it's just a different kind of full than I had gotten used to. Instead of the heavy, tired and overall sluggishness that I used to equate with having eaten a meal, I feel an absence of hunger and, in a sense, more free from the sometimes negative aftermath of food. It's strange to begin disassociating things that I had become so accustomed to being hand-in-hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment