Here I am again, contemplating a vegan diet (note: diet, not lifestyle. I certainly don't pretend I'm together enough to really avoid all animal products, or throw out my beloved leather purses, although I haven't really been buying things like that lately).
After lots of changes, including the birth of my now 8-month-old daughter, I'm longing for the simplicity and healthy feeling of the vegan diet that I was enjoying before I became pregnant. After mentioning this to my husband, Tim, he suggested that we become "weekday vegans". So, we will be eating a vegan diet during the week, with opportunities to incorporate some of our favorite non-vegan items on the weekends. As Kathy Freston would put it, Vegan-ish.
I'm looking forward to this challenge and all the great benefits that I know will come with it! We're not officially starting this coming week since we've got to clean out the pantry, fridge and freezer. This week will be a transition week to get prepped and stocked for a revisit of my previous vegan adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment