Sunday, February 23, 2014

Getting Ready

To prepare for tomorrow's start of weekday veganism, we've been getting ourselves ready by planning out meals for the week and making what we can ahead of time.

So far, we've made:

Black bean burgers - I leave out the egg and this works just fine. I added a little cayenne pepper this time, and I also used dried beans that I cooked to save money.

Breakfast burritos - Tim takes these to work. This isn't really something new, but just continuing his good breakfast veganism.

Energy bites - For this week, I tweaked this recipe with the following substitutions: chia instead of flax, homemade almond butter instead of peanut butter (with a few cacao nibs tossed in), maple syrup instead of honey, and added dried cranberries. Technically this isn't entirely vegan (small amount of milkfat in chocolate chips), but in the name of frugality, I wasn't going to buy new mini chocolate chips if I already had some. However, I will buy vegan ones when those run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment