Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Halfway through the week

We've made it! 3 whole days vegan. Well, mostly vegan. Tim cheats more than I do. My vitamins have gelatin in them, and we had some tater tots that had a hint of sour cream in them (trying to clear out freezer space for other stuff, didn't make sense to avoid them just for the tiny amount of dairy in the grande scheme).

Successes so far:

Veggie melts! I love these, and now Tim loves them too! Avocado, pesto (made w/o cheese), sauteed onions and peppers and a dash of vegan cheese on sprouted grain bread with vegan (Earth Balance) butter. Warm, hearty, and delish!

Mongolian BBQ seitan: Spicy and sweet, and Tim's new favorite. He found the recipe, and I even used the mushrooms as directed. I don't think they really added much for us (other than about $5 to the total meal cost), so we'll likely leave them out in the future.

Homemade seitan: Used it in the dish above and our usual stir fry. Cheaper and fresher than store bought!

Inspired to try these in the near future:
Mini berry cheesecakes that happen to be vegan!
Chocolate orange ginger cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment